The Red Hen Project focuses on the individual needs of each child and their families, there is no ‘one size fits all’ approach. We prioritise one-to-one support, complemented by peer support, and help families to become independent. This may include addressing behaviour difficulties, reluctance to attend school, routines, accessing out of school activities, problems with housing, benefits, debts, relationship breakdown, domestic violence, or anything else that is making life difficult for children and parents.
The Red Hen Project run the following activities:
- A weekly coffee morning every Monday morning (term time) at The Church of the Good Shepherd hall, offering tea, coffee, breakfast, information, advice and support. (8.45-10.30am)
- Workshops at each of the 5 schools, approx. 2 per term.
- An 8 week parenting course.
- Day trips during summer holidays.
- Volunteer opportunities and the ability to ‘earn’ time credits for time given.
- Other groups and activities as appropriate.
Everyone is welcome at our coffee mornings and groups, you don’t need to be referred to take part. View our events page for more details.