THE CURRENT RESTRICTIONS DUE TO COVID 19 MEAN WE ARE NOT HOLDING ANY OF OUR ACTIVITIES FACE-TO-FACE AT THE MOMENT.
PLEASE SEE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE FOR DETAILS ON ONLINE ACTIVITIES AND VIRTUAL MEET-UPS.
The Red Hen Project focuses on the individual needs of each child and their families, there is no ‘one size fits all’ approach. We prioritise one-to-one support, complemented by peer support, and help families to become independent. This may include addressing behaviour difficulties, reluctance to attend school, routines, accessing out of school activities, problems with housing, benefits, debts, relationship breakdown, domestic violence, or anything else that is making life difficult for children and parents.
The Red Hen Project run the following activities:
- Our weekly drop-in coffee morning every Monday (term time) at the hall at the Good Shepherd on Mansel Way – grab a cuppa, some breakfast and, if needed grab one of our family workers for information, advice and support. (8.45-10.30am)
- Workshops – on topics such as sibling rivalry, bedtimes, building resilience, making mealtimes fun, cooking on a budget,
- Our 8 week ‘Raising Children’ parenting course
- Day trips during summer holidays
- Volunteer opportunities and the ability to ‘earn’ time credits
- Other groups and activities as appropriate
Everyone is welcome at our coffee mornings and groups, you don’t need to be currently supported by a family worker to take part
Take a look at what we’ve got coming up here