The Red Hen Project runs :
FOUR DROP-INS, run weekly in term-time that give families a safe place to meet others, and when needed, access to info, advice and support from our trusted family workers:
- MONDAY STAY & PLAY at the hall at the Good Shepherd on Mansel Way in Arbury CB4 2ET – bring your little one, grab a cuppa and some breakfast! (8.45-10.30am) Message Gemma 07862 386 005 to find out more and book – to keep the group safe we limit numbers.
- WEDNESDAY WELLBEING at the Methodist on Green End Road in Chesterton, CB4 1RW – is all about YOU-TIME, child-free group focused on physical and mental well-being. We kick off with a fresh smoothly and then try the activity of the week – it could be zumba, meditation, yoga, art, etc (9-11am) Message Theresa 07832 603 357 to find out what’s happening this week.
- THURSDAY DROP-IN at Arbury Community Centre Campkin Road, CB4 2LD – a friendly group where all families are welcome – with or without your children (11.30am-1pm) Contact Maria 07966 839 635 for more info and to let her know you’re coming.
- FINALLY FRIDAY at Orchard Park Community Centre Central Avenue, CB4 2EZ – you’ve made it to the end of the week! A chilled-out group, straight from school drop-off (9-11am) – all families welcome – with or without children. Contact Vicky 07901 562 389 for more info.
* Want to come but worried that you don’t know anyone? We’re a friendly bunch – but if you we have other parents who have been through the same worries and volunteer to meet up and walk with you on your first couple of visits! Mention it when you contact the drop-in you want to attend.
We also have
- A budget-cookery group Club Cook and our lockdown shopping list and meal planner/recipe book
- Our accredited 8-week ‘Raising Children’ parenting course
- Family day trips during summer holidays
- Volunteer opportunities and the ability to ‘earn’ time credits
- Workshops – on topics such as sibling rivalry, bedtimes, building resilience, making mealtimes fun, cooking on a budget
- Other groups and activities…