Is your current role lacking in the flexibility you need to manage your other commitments?
Are you passionate about the power of early intervention?
This is your chance to be part of a highly respected community organisation that has been providing support to families for 20 years!
We are seeking an exceptional Family Worker to join our team working with primary school children and their families in North Cambridge. The individual will be the lead professional for a small caseload of families who may have complex needs, working intensively with all family and extended family members for an extended period if needed. It could be full or part-time – we encourage flexible working.
The primary purpose of this role is to work in partnership with families who are experiencing challenging situations/circumstances, in their homes, in school and the wider community, to achieve positive outcomes for the whole family.
Please see the attached job description and person specification for further details including the essential qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience required.
For an application form and details of the application process and please email email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: Monday 25th November
For an informal chat about the role, please contact Sarah Crick on 07867 303 866.
Both the Red Hen Project and our schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are conditional and subject to an enhanced DBS check.
JOB TITLE: Home School Family Worker
HOURS: Flexible, Full or Part-time
ACCOUNTABLE TO: The Red Hen Project Trustees
JOB PURPOSE: To work in partnership with families who are experiencing challenging situations/circumstances, in their homes and in the broader community, to achieve positive outcomes for the whole family.
- To work in a whole family way through the development of effective relationships with parents and their family members using strength-based approaches to help, motivate and encourage behaviour change that will lead to a positive difference to people’s lives.
- To help children and their families to overcome barriers to learning by working across a cluster of primary schools to build positive partnerships between school/s and parents.
- To work with schools and parents to deliver a child-centred and parent-focused approach of early interventions to support children’s development and learning, including, when needed, work to improve attendance and tackle behaviour issues.
- To identify and tackle difficulties at an early stage, signposting to appropriate services as needed and linking families to more specialised help and support when necessary.
- To devise, plan and run outreach activities to support families and achieve the objectives of the project, focusing on areas such as parenting, self-esteem and reducing isolation
- To work in partnership with other relevant agencies and organisations and assist families in accessing, building and maintaining effective relationships with them to facilitate community cohesion
- To improve outcomes for children and their families in North Cambridge
Click links below to view and download Job Description and Person Specification
Red Hen Project Family Worker – Job Description – November 2019
Red Hen Project Family Worker – Person Specification – November 2019