Will you be one of 100 special people to raise £100 to help us transform the lives of children and their families?
The Red Hen Project is an #SmallButVital charity that supports families who face a difficulty or crisis, it could be a bereavement, job loss, illness, mental health, domestic violence.
We typically work intensively with around 30 families at any one time, for around 6 months to try and tackle the causes behind issues that are preventing children from thriving at school.
In these strange times, we are currently providing practical help and an emotional lifeline to around 120 families.
We are launching a Spring Challenge to raise awareness and celebrate our work and to raise some much-needed funding.
The challenge is open to all, and open also as to how it is done. You could do a sponsored walk, run or cycle. Equally a sponsored cake bake, sponsored reading or concert, or declutter!
- Perhaps you aim to have a health-kick? Be more active, lose weight, start walking or cycling regularly?
- Perhaps you’ve always wanted to do Couch to 5K…
- Are you already an established runner and want to run a marathon? Or you’re taking part in the Cambridge Half Marathon Virtual Challenge (Our platform links to Stava)
- Have you seen #RedJanuary – but want to support local – well what about RedHenJanuary!
- Maybe you want to read more. Could you do a read-a thon?
- Want to de-clutter? How about selling your unwanted items to raise funds…
- How about raising funds through your creations or your skills? Art, crafts, sewing or baking…
- Or your skills and hobbies? Gardening, car washing, photography….
- What about performing? A sponsored sing-a-long, poetry reading or concert
- Do you already run fitness classes and could run one to support us?
Before Christmas, we had two young women raising money for us by selling their artwork. A group in Newnham had a sponsored rib roast and firework display. So there are many creative ways to work together or individually and raise some sponsorship for this great cause, and we are really looking forward to seeing what people come up with.
£10,000 will enable us to support 6 families for 6 months on an intensive one-to-one basis – our core work on which we have built our reputation. This means helping children through a particularly tough time and likely preventing an issue from becoming a crisis.
The best way to support us in this work is to make a donation or join our Spring Challenge and help us find 100 special people to raise £100.
Click here to sign up for the challenge and create your own fundraising page online
You can follow us on Facebook and Instagram for parenting support and on Twitter, or LinkedIn where we sometimes make calls for specific items such as clothing or resources.